Make Ambrosia Your Pet Friendly Destination in Key West
At Ambrosia, we love our pawed guests. For over 20 years we have been pet friendly in most of our rooms and we have had a large variety of breeds stay on our property. For their comfort, we have several watering stations on the property and there is a hose that can be used to cool down your pet after a nice walk. Sorry but pets are not allowed in our pools.
Because we are located right in Old Town and Key West is such a great walking as well as pet friendly town, you will be able to take your four-legged friends on all your adventures. Being close to everything means it’s easy to stop by Ambrosia periodically to give your pet a break from the heat or if you choose to leave your perfect pooch behind, you can come back quickly to check throughout the day.
Below we have listed pet friendly restaurants, attractions and shopping, most within walking distance of Ambrosia. Also, each month we pick Ambrosia’s Pet of the Month as a feature in our newsletter. In addition to being featured, we make a $100 contribution to the pet-friendly organization picked by the pet. You can see past Pets of the Month by clicking on our newsletter.
We have just a few rules for bringing your pet, so make sure to read our pet policies below before making your reservation.
So let your pet meet our pets (including our cat Amy and our cockatiels Rodney and Elizabeth), and book your room for you and your furry friends right now.
Pet Friendly Restaurants
▪ Schooner Wharf Bar – 202 William St
▪ Pepe’s – 806 Caroline St.
▪ Blue Heaven – Corner of Petronia & Thomas
▪ Harpoon Harry’s – 832 Caroline St.
▪ Salute’-outside tables – Higgs Beach
▪ Hog’s Breath (at bar) – Front Street & Duval
▪ Smokin Tuna – 4 Charles Street
▪ B.O.’s Fish Wagon – Corner of William and Caroline
▪ Dante’s – 951 Caroline St
▪ Sloppy Joe’s – 201 Duval Street
▪ Island Dog’s – Front & Simonton
▪ Half Shell Raw Bar – Caroline & Margarete
▪ Martin’s – 917 Duval Street
▪ Mangia Mangia – 900 Southard St.
▪ OnlyWood Pizzeria
Pet Friendly Attractions & Excursions
Get out and play! Let us point you towards the nearest off-leash dog park and other pet friendly activities in Key West.
▪ Dog Beach – 1500 Vernon Avenue
▪ Higgs Beach Dog Park (Fenced in area for off-leash activities) – 100 Atlantic Boulevard
▪ Danger Charters
▪ Lazy Dog
Pet Friendly Shopping
▪ American Dog – 1454 Kennedy Drive
▪ Dog 30 – 1025 White Street
Ambrosia Key West Pet Friendly Pet Policy
We have a few simple rules about pets at Ambrosia. We hope they will make your stay enjoyable for you and your pet as well as others:
▪ All of our 20 rooms except Honeymoon and Amelia Suites are pet friendly.
▪ We welcome a maximum of 2 pets per room.
▪ There is a fee of $25 per pet per night.
▪ Pets are not allowed in our pools. There is a hose on property that can be used to cool down your pet.
▪ Pets must be leashed in all commons areas of Ambrosia Key West.
▪ Pets cannot be left alone for more than 5 hours.
▪ We understand that pets need to adjust to their new surroundings, however, if your pet is disturbing other guests you will be contacted to attend to your pet.
We hope you choose Ambrosia as your Key West destination so that your pets can meet our pets.