Accessibility Statement for Ambrosia Key West Website
Ambrosia Key West is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Ambrosia Key West takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Ambrosia Key West Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Subscribe to Dinolytics, a WCAG 2.1 AA automated website scan tool to ensure technical compliance.
- Hire outside consultants to manually scan our site to uncover elements not discovered by the Dinolytics tool as well as to provide additional recommendations for greater compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Ambrosia Key West is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Ambrosia Key West. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Ambrosia Key West:
- Phone: 305-296-9838
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: 622 Fleming Street, Key West Florida, 33040
We try to respond to feedback within We try to respond to feedback within Normal response time is one business day. Over weekends, vacations, and holidays may be longer response time.
Accessibility of Ambrosia Key West relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Ambrosia Key West assessed the accessibility of Ambrosia Key West by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Ambrosia Key West website, there may be some limitations. Our website is built using the content management system, WordPress. Plugins are third-party developed tools and we do not have the capability to have these fixed. We have reached out to the third-party developer and have made them aware of the ADA non-compliance issue.
Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed.
- Non-text Content
Images on pages are missing alt text.
- Info and Relationships
Carousels need to have previous, next, play, and pause buttons.
The email address and zip code fields need labels.
The user hears email star but does not know what the star means.
- Meaningful Sequence
The privacy/terms ReCAPTCHA is read after the newsletter form but before the Find Us.
- Identify Input Purpose
The email and zipcode fields should use the HTML 5.2 autocomplete attributes.
- Content on Hover or Focus
Images get focus when a user navigates to them via keyboard or screen reader. However, there is no way to use the escape key to go back to the main content.
- Link Purpose (In Context)
User listening on screen reader hear https://www.ambrosiakeywest.com slash number for the carousels.
- Focus Visible
The slideshow area and button to scroll back up to the page are not visible when tabbed over.
None of the navigation, images, or form fields are focus visible.
- Error Identification
If a user does not fill in the fields as expected or makes an error, they get a popup box noting the errors. However, the default is that the OK button is hightlighted, so a non-sighted user does not know where the errors are. The alert box should read from the top of the box down when the focus is on the popup.
- Missing form label
- Missing alternative text
- Empty link
- Empty button
- Linked image missing alternative text
- Document language missing
We have been made aware and we are currently in the process of modifying our site to address the above limitations to make our site accessible. Please contact email@example.com or call Teresa Pazara 305-296-9838- if you encounter an issue.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Ambrosia Key West
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Ambrosia Key West, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the Florida Keys and Key West website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer : Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website: Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
This statement was created using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool. And updated May 22, 2019.